Friday, February 6, 2009

“What must a Christian do?”

2 Corinthians 10:5
"...We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

Luke 6:31
"...Do to others as you would have them do to you.
v 38 For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Luke 8:21 (Jesus)
"...He replied, ‘My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.’ "

Hebrews 13:15-16
"...Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise - the fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifice God is pleased."

John 13:12 (Jesus)
... ‘I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.’

John 14:15 (Jesus)
... ‘If you love me you will obey what I command.’
v21 ‘Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.’
V23-24 Jesus replied, ‘If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching.’

John 15:16-17 (Jesus)
"... ‘You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other."

Hebrews 10:24
"...And let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the day approaching."

Luke 9:23-24
"...Then he said to them all: ‘If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?’ "

Philippians 2:3
"...but in humility consider others better than yourselves."

No comments:

Post a Comment