Friday, February 6, 2009

"Isn't the bible just a book of stories written by man?"

Galations 1:11-12 (Paul)
"...I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ."

Galations 1:20 (Paul)
"...I assure you before God that what I am writing to you is no lie."

2 Peter 1:19
"...We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eye-witnesses of his majesty."

2 Peter 1:20-21
"...Above all, you must understand no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit."

No comments:

Post a Comment